Your new family
Host families have been selected for their interests, friendliness, safe neighborhoods, convenience to transportation, and comfortable homes. We place our students with host families through Cypress Accommodations. Student counselors and a Homestay Coordinator are available to discuss any concerns in order to make sure your stay in Canada is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- Private or shared bedroom
- 2 or 3 meals per day, 7 days a week
- Internet access (WiFi)
- Access to TV
- Friendly English-speaking host families from different backgrounds
- All homestays are located within easy reach of LAB in Vancouver by public transportation
- Airport pick-up and drop-off is available
- Five extra nights or more will be considered as one week.
Each family has its own house rules regarding smoking, alcohol consumption, student responsibilities, cleaning, security, noise, friends visiting, telephone use, meal times, etc. Discuss these with your family. Most Canadian families do not allow smoking in their homes. Some allow smoking outside the house. Please inform us if you smoke and check your booking before arriving. Please try to discuss any requests or problems you have with your family.
Contact LAB Vancouver if you need assistance. Students are relocated if complaints are justifiable. LAB is currently placing students with host families through Cypress Accommodations. Please make sure you read and understand the conditions and guidelines outlined on the LAB website and its applications.